This is a community for uplifting and helping other married couples. Please join the discussion but keep things nice and friendly. Everyone is in a different stage of life and what you’ve experienced might help your fellow forum member. So please don’t be shy and help where you can.

LoginSign Up

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Husband wants an off-road jeep. What to do?

We have been married 3 years and for the most part things are really great. I’m a stay at home wife and my husband has a decent job and we are not super tight financially so we definitely can treat ourselves. However a couple weeks ago, my husband told me he really wants to buy an off-road jeep and has kept bringing it up every couple of days or so. He feels like he can buy this jeep because its his “fair share”. I don’t really want him to buy the jeep because I feel like he’ll devote more time to off-roading then to me and our family but I don’t want to tell him “no” and squash his dreams. What should I do?

My husband went through the same phase. I finally gave in. Surprisingly, it hasn’t been as bad as I thought it might be. But we did talk a lot about it before hand. We made sure that his top priority was our family.