1. We got married and had kids.
“Easiest way to scale back your sex life? Get married.
Easiest way to reduce it to twice a year? Have kids.”
2. My wife decided three years ago sex is too ‘icky.’
“My wife decided three years ago sex is too ‘icky.’ No discussion no easing into it. Just ‘Nope, not anymore.’ Our marriage isn’t going well.”
3. He likes to finger keyboards more than my vagina.
“He likes to finger keyboards more than my vagina.”
4. Simply put, we hate each other and cheat regularly.
“Simply put, we hate each other and cheat regularly, but we also have a dynamic that nobody can ever replace and love each other for that.”
5. My wife has so many excuses for us not having sex that I can’t name them all.
“My wife has so many excuses for us not having sex that I can’t name them all.
Every suggestion I offer to help her get into the mood—shot down.
About to hit the three-year mark for no sex, and next week is our 10th anniversary.”
6. Honestly we’re both just not attractive anymore. Better to masturbate.
“Honestly we’re both just not attractive anymore. Better to masturbate.”
7. I’m not in love anymore and I want out.
“I’m not in love anymore and I want out.”
8. We’re both on anti-depressants which have totally messed with our sex drives.
“We’re both on anti-depressants which have totally messed with our sex drives. We’ve been together 11 years and we were both on them before we met. She has never really had much of a sex drive and I did a little bit but I’ve gotten on more pills in the last few months which has driven it down a little. She can have orgasms, which I’m thankful for, so when we do have longer sex sessions, it means more and I don’t feel inadequate about being the only one getting anything. When I was in school last year we went on a big stretch from September until December without doing it and even after then, we’ve probably done it 3-5 times.”
9. My ex used to use sex as a way to get what she wanted.
“My ex used to use sex as a way to get what she wanted. Used to use it as tool to manipulate (She’s a certified narcissist) after about a year together I caught on. I completely stopped initiating sex I would go rub one out. She could come to me whenever she wanted but I would never initiate. This went on for 4 years before I figured out you can’t have a relationship with a narcissist. It’s all give, no give and take.”
10. She had a complete mental breakdown and no longer bathes.
“My wife had a complete mental breakdown in ’09 and can no longer work. She is diagnosed bipolar and has extreme anxiety. Unfortunately, one of the things she has anxiety about is bathing, so it doesn’t happen very often. I love my wife, but the lack of hygiene combined with the added stress of taking care of the family mostly on my own means that I’m not in the mood very often. We’ve had sex I think once or twice in the past year.”
More on next page…