Quick Romantic Ideas
If you don’t have as much time as you’d like for love, try these swift but sweet romance tips:
- Write “I love you” on the bathroom mirror with a piece of soap.
- Place a little love note or poem under the driver’s-side windshield wiper of his or her car.
- Every once in a while, kiss her hand with a flourish. Note: The proper way to kiss a woman’s hand is to lower your lips to her hand. You don’t raise her hand to your lips.
- Have “your song” playing on the stereo when your partner returns home from work.
- When out together in public, wink at your partner from across the room.
- On your partner’s birthday, send a thank-you card to his/her mother.
- Unplug the TV. Put a note on the screen saying, “Turn me on instead.”
- Make a toast to one another every time you hold a wineglass. Make eye contact. Take turns making the toast. Whisper it.
- Get the whole “family of products” in the fragrance of her favorite perfume (bath powder, soaps, cremes, candles, etc.)
- Call your partner from work for no other reason than to say, “I love you.”
Classic Romantic Ideas
Looking for a tried-and-true method for declaring your love? Consider these classic romance tips:
- Spread rose petals all over the bedroom.
- What could be more classic than a fine gold locket with your photo inside? (Maybe a photo of the two of you.)
- Bring home one small, unexpected gift each week.
- Write a classic, romantic, passionate, handwritten, heartfelt love letter. Most adults haven’t written a love letter since high school. (Why not? Have we lost our youthful idealism, or have we just gotten lazy?)
- When traveling, give your partner a bouquet of roses; one rose for each day that you’ll be away. Attach a note that says something like this: “These three roses represent the three days I’ll be away from you. They also symbolize the love, joy, and laughter we share together.”
- Say “I love you” at least three times a day.
- Guys: Surprise her by performing one of her chores for her. (And not something easy like carrying the groceries in from the car, but something that requires some time and effort — like cooking all the meals over a weekend, or cleaning the entire house.)
- Ladies: Send him a letter sealed with a kiss. (Use your reddest lipstick.)
- Hold hands.
- On your yearly romantic checklist, make plans for Valentine’s Day—well in advance!